Donor Engine Review
Why it's the best!
Founded in 2001, Donor Engine is a pioneer in the donor management software space. This cloud-based solution offers enterprise-level functionality for a nonprofit price, which makes it our top choice.
The intuitive, user-friendly dashboard propels your organization into the 21st century. At a glance, you can view your nonprofit’s most important data and filter out everything else.
Users across the board point to Donor Engine’s ability to customize to meet their individual needs as the best feature. They say it’s like having a team of software developers at the ready, for no extra charge. For example, Habitat for Humanity praises Donor Engine for their willingness to implement features on their wish list at no additional cost.
What Sets Donor Engine Apart
There’s no shortage of donor management systems available. Here’s why customers continue to choose Donor Engine year after year:
- Next Level Customer Service – Donor Engine comes with unlimited 24/7 technical support. You choose the medium that’s most convenient for you, whether it’s via phone, email, or live chat.
- Frequency of New Features – As the nonprofit landscape changes, Donor Engine is always one step ahead of the game. They’re always adding new features, and they take customer feedback seriously.
- Easy to Implement and Maintain – There’s no need to stress about implementation or worry about hiring additional staff to run your donor database. Donor Engine is relatively easy to set up, and the support team will be with you every step of the way.
- Powerful Automation – Instead of manually sending campaigns, you can automate your outreach based on donor behavior and rules you set.
- Donor Convenience – Your contacts can choose to get electronic receipts instantly via email, or they have the option to receive physical receipts in the mail.
- E-commerce Capability – Sell products directly from your site and connect purchases to donor records. You can even sell tickets to events like galas, golf tournaments, fun runs, and more.
- Powerful Database Functionality – You have the option to assign tasks and attach donor correspondence directly to the donor record. And, of course, you’ll also see full contact information, donation history, all communications, and purchases.
- Supports Multiple Membership Levels – Whether a donor gifts a one-time payment or has a recurring membership, you’ll be able to track and collect funds easily.
- Manage Volunteers – If you rely on volunteers, you can use Donor Engine for recruiting, scheduling, and communication. Plus, if your donors volunteer, you can also track their activity directly in their contact records.
- Harness the Power of Social Media – Donor Engine’s interface allows you to collect donations through email and social media, too!
- No Website Needed – If you don’t have a website, use Donor Engine’s. And, if you do have a website, Donor Engine will integrate with it. No technical expertise required!
The Bottom Line
Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve got an established nonprofit, you can’t go wrong with Donor Engine. It rivals Salesforce’s functionality, but it comes at a tiny fraction of the cost.